Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Three Stages


Three stages

One,
The Blank Page;
Terror.
A few lines of inane nonsense.
A desire to give it up.
Cutting and pasting.
Tossing rhythms and harmonies
carelessly around with no specific plan
in mind.

Two,
Discovery
Wait a minute, that sounds
alright.
What if I try....?
Wow this is great!
That stupid tune
I started with
really comes alive
on the horns.
I bet oboes would work here.
Et cetera

Three,

The Wall;
Damn,
I've rewritten the solos
six times and nothing
seems different.
It's almost there.
The whole piece is starting to sound
stupid.
I'm getting tired of this.
I'll call it
done.
The violin concerto is
"done"
I'll post for your annoyance
soon.

posted by Lane Savant at 11:41 AM

This was the posting done on FEEL FREE TO LAUGH this afternoon by Doug Palmer, who is blogmaster, poet, composer, et cetera.

Glenn

No comments: