Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dance of the Sky Cadet


Alex took some pics of the lunar eclipse the other night, and shared them on her website, NOTES FROM THE KELP. The photos was far from clear, and this tickled her, so that she scanned one in regardless, and then laughed at the results. The whole affair was laced with such delicious levity that it conjured up some silly poetry in me.

DANCE OF THE SKY CADET

Wine and caffeine,
jazz and open air;
pointing my hungry lens
who knows where.

Hey,
there was another ecclipse
in Kelpville,
and I shot it,
shaky
and Paul Klee-like;
something unique,
amorphus and expressionistic,
with Regulus blue
for a hat,
and Saturn yellow
for a spat.

For right there
in the SJ secret
garden,
Charles presented
a warm platform
of kopf
for my Konica.

I clung to him
like chilled ivy,
wrapping
my loose apendages
around his
crooks and crannies
for support;
creating something
clothed yet
part Cirque
part Sutra.

I clicked my way
into infamy;
creating
an icon
for the ages,
or just a curiousity
so very rare,
no one shall encounter
its like again–
and so we say
our hosannas
and enjoy
the view.

Glenn Buttkus 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!..............Emily