Monday, March 29, 2010

New Studio


Image by Alex Shapiro


New Studio

1.
Working next to the water means having a lot
of company throughout the day. Apart from the
occasional deer, fox, or neighbor’s goofy
Labrador, it’s an endless parade of avian beauty:
seafarers like herons, ducks, geese and gulls,
seed-farers like chickadees, nuthatches, finches
and flickers, and most strikingly, the see-
everything bald eagles who circle gracefully
above my head every day (possibly sizing me up
to see if I’m a candidate for lunch). It’s so
distracting, it’s amazing I can get any work
done at all. Ahhhhhh.

2.
Working next to the water means
having a lot of company throughout the day.
Apart from the occasional deer, fox,
or neighbor’s goofy Labrador,
it’s an endless parade of avian beauty:
seafarers like herons, ducks, geese and gulls,
seed-farers like chickadees, nuthatches,
finches and flickers,
and most strikingly,
the see-everything bald eagles
who circle gracefully above my head every day
(possibly sizing me up to see
if I’m a candidate for lunch).
It’s so distracting,
it’s amazing I can get any work done at all.
Ahhhhhh.

Alex Shapiro

Posted over on Notes From the Kelp

1. Prose by Alex Shapiro
2. Line Breaks by Glenn Buttkus

No comments: