Thursday, March 24, 2011

Duel

Painting by Carol Nelson


Duel


Beloved, how oft dost thou slay me
Upon a bed of wanton splendour?
How oft art thou kisses fierce, yet tender?
I shrink not from thine advance, but
Hold stance in surrender


Take up thy sword for again we will duel
In retreat, I am felled o'er silken sheets
Locked in combat, there we trade blow for blow
Mine eyes disarm, thine arms disrobe
And whispered words caress a lobe


Shield me with the scent of thy skin
Leave me contorted and quivering
Under thy tumoultuous touch
Thy beating heart muting the sound
Of our battle cries. As we rise...


Come thou, release unto me
The raging fuel of thy fire
Extinguish my eternal flame, 'til I lay
Parched and drenched, spent,
At the sweet exchange


Full moonlight surveys a carnage
Of twisted limbs ensnared in an embrace
We arise, only to crown each other
Victorious. This was war
And love conquered


Elaine

Posted over on her site Hidden Heartbeat
Listed as #80 over on Magpie Tales 58

No comments: