Sunday, March 22, 2020

Panty Pink Caddy



image from J. Hardy Carroll.


Panty Pink Caddy

“Singles hitters drive Fords. Home-run hitters
drive Cadillacs.”--Pete Rose.

Mrs. Robert Rogers bought me in the Fall of 1958.
I’m a 20 foot 1959 Cadillac El Dorado four-door
sedan, painted bright pink. My tail fins and quad
tail lights still turn heads. I have a 390 V-8, with an
automatic transmission. I have the Cadillac chrome
steering wheel, wire wheels and white walls.

In 1999, I had 200,000 miles on me, rings were shot,
and my tranny was slipping. She hadn’t licensed me
in three years. She opened Rock-n-Rogers Diner that 
year. She had me hoisted twenty feet off the ground.
I can dig it. I enjoy the view.


Glenn Buttkus

Posted over at Friday Fictioneers

5 comments:

said...

“I can dig it. I enjoy the view.”

LOL. I love it. :)

Alicia L Jamtaas said...

What a great take on the prompt! Kudos

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Glenn,

Love it. A well told tale for your first foray into Friday Fictioneers. Welcome!

Shalom,

Rochelle

brudberg said...

Oh I love your story Glenn, what a wonderful end for a great car... great view from there.

Dale said...

Welcome to Friday Fictioneers, Glenn!

What a fantastic take!