Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Upward, Again


Upward, Again

Spring continues
to be a verb
by my driveway
and daffodils shine
at me
each time I leave
or return.

I think
I’ve been doing
a bit too much
of the former
recently.

My calendar indicates
still more
business trips
before summer;
LA, NYC, and Denver.

After that,
the benefits of living
in paradise
will become clear,
as I finally get
to stay put,
while various friends
migrate north
for short visits.

I am looking forward
to meeting the planes,
rather than
boarding them.

Alex Shapiro April 2008

2 comments:

Lane Savant said...

Please note new links

Glenn Buttkus said...

Alex seems to spend a full third of her life traveling, much of it to NYC and LA, where she smooozes, sells her ware, scares up work, and visits with her friends; which are such a vast number now, they could populate a midwestern town.

Glenn