Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Just Came Upon Your Blog


Hello Glenn, I just came upon your blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:17 AM
From: "Haddadmarian@aol.com"
To: gbuttkus@yahoo.com

I was Googling basketball and I saw Sherman Alexie's poem on basketball, then somehow, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw a poem title or my name somewhere, and there it was. Thank you for including me on your blogsite. I found the photos lovely, that you posted for each of the pieces you post by all authors. I see you have also posted H. Palmer Hall, my publisher, and now, a dear friend.

This is great! I think it's interesting how we, as poets, accidentally find our work accidentally, and I think it's also of interest that some of the poems posted here and there are in a varied body, or a previous body or form, and I thank you for your comment on finding some poetic diction in the prose piece The Good Niece. I think your blog is absolutely lovely, and you certainly have found some great photos that speak to the piece by every poet/writer at-hand.

You're wonderful, and thank you for what you do!

Marian Haddad, MFA
www.marianhaddad.com

****I am extremely pleased that an accomplished poet out there sees the tribute, the beauty, the respect with which I post those poets who interest me, mixed in with my poetry, my movie reviews, and pictorials. There have been a couple of poets this year, remaining nameless and blameless, that contacted me and requested--even demanded that I take down all the poems and references and pics that had to do with them. We are individuals, of course; perhaps poets second--even though we all know the fervor and passion of the writing, the creation of poetry. My mission, quite selfish actually, is to find poetry out there in the miasma of literature that speaks to me, appeals to me, and post it here for others to read, to peruse, to enjoy, introducing these poets to those who may not have found them yet, heard their voices. Bobby Byrd and many others out there who have responded very positively to the extra promulgation, and I am grateful for all and any poet's endorsement for my efforts. My own poetry finds its way to dozens of other sites, and I think that is the wonder of the Internet, this age we live in. There is no such thing as a being a regional poet, even an American poet any more. We are of this world, and our poetry, like the fine work I have just posted by H. Palmer Hall speak to all the injustices in the entirety of this plane of existence; and the sadness, joy, beauty, and texture of things of course. Thank you, Marian, for your gracious response and acceptance of being part of a ground swell of cyber poets that we all belong to.

Glenn Buttkus

No comments: