Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Innane Nattering


Innane Nattering


Things are happening
or are about to happen
Weather getting mild.
Bike rides in the offing.
The onning really, I don't get off
till the ride is over.
But that's a small point.

Tomorrow, f'rinstance,
I donate another pint
of one of my precious bodily fluids
The red one made out of iron.
To make sure that adventure goes off
as planned, I had a Red Robin mushroom burger
for dinner tonight and,
after a pretty good program about Dolley Madison
on the public telly station,
a peanut butter and jam sannich.
Protein and sugar and various esters
on a couple slices of A La Francaise bread.
A brand I must travel far to obtain any more.
Even my fancy store on Queen Anne
doesn't stock much.
So I have to hit the QFC on Capitol hill.
Actually don't hit it,
it's made of durable materials
that would undoubtedly defeat me
in any contest of fisticuffs
I might be foolish enough to start.

I just go there and buy the stuff.
But, you knew that already.

Many other marvelous things have happened
since last we spoke,
but I remember hardly any of it.

Hmmmm.....

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Suddenly I am run over by a truck.


Doug Palmer March 2010

1 comment:

Lane Savant said...

Is somebody trying to be funny here?