Friday, June 18, 2010

The Loss of the Love Poem Called "Mist"


Painting by Karen McFeaters


LOSS OF THE LOVE POEM CALLED “MIST”

For Luis Marré

Yesterday I wrote a magnificent poem
sadly
I lost it somewhere
and now I can’t remember it
but it was great
it said more or less
that I was in love
it said it, of course, in another way–
it was really good–
but she was in love with another guy
and then there was a really
beautiful part about
the trees the wind and then
it said something about death
it didn’t say death, of course,
it said
dark claw or something like that
then there were some
extraordinary lines
and toward the end
it told how I walked
through an empty street
convinced that life would begin again
on some corner
of course it didn’t say
it that pretentiously
it was a good poem
sad loss
sad memory

Luis Rogelio Nogueras

Posted over on Poems & Poetics

No comments: