Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Poem For Easter


Painting by Michelle Spiziri


A Poem For Easter

All women are beautiful as they rise
exultant from the ruins they make of us
and this Woman
who lies back informing the sheets

has slain me with all day love and now
keeps vigil at the tomb of my desire
from which also she will make me rise
and come before her into Galilee

Rising I fall
and what does her body matter
except it is a darkness sabbath
where the church - our bodies

everywhere come together
kindles one small light
from the unyielding flint
then resurrection

the radio messiah
I know
that my redeemer liveth
and he shall stand in the last days

up from this earth
beyond blasphemy
beyond misunderstanding
O love this hour will not let me name

They say I will make
a sexual mystery of your passion
whereas we know
flesh rises

to aprehend one another mystery
as the lovers
astonished eyes come open in his coming
to find that he is not alone


-Robert Kelly

Posted over on Everything2

No comments: