Tuesday, February 12, 2019

He's Not a Duck




image from disneycharactors.com


He’s Not a Duck

“Small men often feel a need to prove their
courage--but I doubt he could kill a duck.”
--George R. R. Martin.

But he certainly is a cartoon.
Over 8,000 lies in 742 days--
quite the torchlight of untruths,
even for a bilious gasbag
like T45. 

The last two years have been unreal,
even surreal. El Presidente truly
is the Emperor of Dark Souls, destined
to trod the path of exile.

I quake with terrible anger daily
as Diablo Jose Frump pretends
to be the God of War, he with
the frat boy’s draft dodging bone spurs
beneath a coward’s stripes.
My only portal to solace
is to launch salvos of humor
his direction

Surely, his deserved karmic destiny
will be that he’s remembered as the
                   Benito of Bumpkins, the
                       Prince of Morons, the
                      Statue of Stupidity, the                               
                    Aardvark of Asshats.

I do fear that if he just refuses
to be impeached, if he creates
a cadre of stormtrumpers to
protect himself, and then he
disbands Congress, he may appoint
himself as President for Life,
or he may just explode like a
gluttonous Monty Python character.

Meanwhile,
the lies are thick as gnats in August,
democracy bleeds from a thousand cuts,
overwatch is a sad ineffective joke,
and very soon there will be
another bevy of Fox News celebrities
that will be appointed
as the Secretaries of Everything.



Glenn Buttkus

Posted over at dVerse Poets Pub

10 comments:

sarah said...

No words. Such eloquent anger. We are living in strange and dangerous times. You took the prompt somewhere quite unexpected - and scarier than any computer game.

robtkistner said...

My man, I am so in line with you here! And what a great use of the game titles. Well targeted and biting "Aardvark of asshats"... love ya' man... :-)

Jade Li said...

Ascerbic and well-deserved by the object. I love these lines:
"the frat boy’s draft dodging bone spurs
beneath a coward’s stripes."

I call him King Joffrey and I hope he meets the same fate. Prison is too good for him.

robtkistner said...

Wow Glenn! This is a great prompt from Sarah, but it seems to have people shut down. Low response. Maybe more tomorrow? To repeat, I like what you wrote here dude!

Kim M. Russell said...

He’s definitely not a duck – he’s a small man with tiny hands, a huge complex and a huge ego! Yes, a cartoon, but a scary one. I don’t understand how he’s still in the White House. I like the phrases ‘cadre of stormtrumpers’ and ‘lies are thick as gnats in August’.

Frank Hubeny said...

That "President for Life" - I think they did that in China somehow, but I am not up on the news. Of course, we are probably not at that stage (yet).

indybev said...

What rollicking great fun, Glenn .. sadly all too true. My hat's off to ya!

brudberg said...

We can only use humor on a "man" like that.
I think the best thing is that he gets defeated in election rather than being impeached... otherwise someone even darker will follow.

lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

Well Glenn....you really know how to cut a rug and wipe the floor in your writings on this topic.
.”stormtrumpers” and the names you give him...I laugh out loud
and then I get to a line like this “democracy bleeds from a thousand cuts” and it really is frightening and sad and despicable and frightening and frightening and frightening.

Mish said...

You add just enough humour to make the reality bearable to read about...then again, it never really is. Enjoyed this very much though. I think your country needs a Secretary of Truth.