Monday, September 27, 2021

The Moving Finger



image from Creitz Illustration Studio

 The Moving Finger


“The moving finger writes, and having writ,

moves on.”--Rubaiyat Of Omar Kayyham.


Oddly but honestly, I have never experienced

Writer’s Block; perhaps it is my overarching ego.

I used to write poetry only when something in my

life moved me which created an emotional state;

anger, disgust, joy, heartache or love.


It seems my imagination is stocked 24/7. I just 

have never been blocked, except by editors,

teachers or my own blue-penciling. If anything,

my verbose scribbling constantly has to be

trimmed or shortened. Writing is one of the few

pleasures left to me at this point in my life.


Bears will hibernate

soon, like in a coma for months;

no one dies ‘til Spring. 




Glenn Buttkus


Haibun


Posted over at d'Verse Poet's Pub

18 comments:

JadeLi said...

Glenn, thank God for the artesian spring you have tapped into. You've been generous in sharing with us thirsty souls, and for that I thank you.

Ron. Lavalette said...

We should all be so lucky. Well done, Glenn.

robkistner said...

I hear you brother. My mind seems to be always churning with words. Now, is what I write always top quality — well…

indybev said...

Like you, my limited mobility has not extended to my ability to put words to paper!

Frank J. Tassone said...

It's been a long time since my own block. How ironic that my current one is in my most favored form.

Looking forward to more of your creative outpouring! Well-done!

Dwight L. Roth said...

The mind that never stops churning, ruminating is a wonderful thing. Editing is a killer!

lynn__ said...

I have no doubt your imagination is stocked 24/7, Glenn...it is a gift.

Ingrid said...

It seems you have the same 'problem' as me, Glenn - muse firing on all cylinders, all of the time! I look forward to reading more :-)

rogblog666 said...

what a gift to have a well stocked imagination and thank you for sharing it with us.

Misky said...

A creative mind, and ego, the two have no connection. You're gifted with creativity, not ego.

Ken / rivrvlogr said...

I envy your ability to tap the source when needed.

Dora said...

Glenn,
Writing is a gift that never hibernates with you. And it is a gift.
pax,
dora

brudberg said...

I have never seen anything stopping you either. For me it just starts by typing actually.

Poetry for Healing said...

Yes, a busy mind always has something to write about. Thank goodness!

ben Alexander said...

Wait, is that true? Bears don't die during hibernation?

-David [ben Alexander]

paeansunplugged said...

It surely is a gift and you are putting it to good use for greater good.

Petru J Viljoen said...

The haiku!

Ain Starlingsson said...

Lovely construction, and sincere writing..