Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rain


deviant art by Genzoman

Rain


1.
It is raining again. I need groceries. I have work later, but I can't go out. I'm made of sugar. You think that's funny? You've never been caught in a light drizzle and felt your face melt. I have. It's hideous. Nose dripping into chin, eyes drooping, one twice the size of the other. Nothing to do but bake a new one. Laugh. You think it's funny. Mom told me, life isn't always sweet. Not always.

2.
It is raining again. I need groceries.
I have work later, but I can't go out.
I'm made of sugar.
You think that's funny?
You've never been caught in a light drizzle
and felt your face melt. I have.
It's hideous. Nose dripping into chin,
eyes drooping, one twice the size of the other.
Nothing to do but bake a new one. Laugh.
You think it's funny.
Mom told me, life isn't always sweet.
Not always.


C.L. Bledsoe

Posted over on Right Hand Pointing
from his Chapbook, GOODBYE TO NOISE.
1. Cortney's prose poem.
2. Line breaks by Glenn Buttkus

No comments: