Friday, November 20, 2009

A Green Insect Called a "Walking Stick"


A GREEN INSECT CALLED
A "WALKING STICK"



In my existentiell existence, my own
way to be, when I was cleansed
of publicness and am very authentic,
I experienced a preontological ontological
ontic moment, then I was free
from the daily concerns and obligations
that makes one a slave mentality and one
of the living dead,
then I was no longer possessed by
the persuasion of the "They,"
their sanctioned values,
their cherished and beloved beliefs,
the event that finally convinced me
that life is worth living
in spite of the civilization of monstrosity
and lies that human beings have worked
so hard to create.
The convincing event was seeing
a green insect called "The Walking Stick"
on the bark of an ancient oak.

Duane Locke

Posted over on Counter Example Poetics

No comments: