Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nothing Human Is Alien To Me

Painting by Norman Rockwell


Nothing Human Is Alien To Me

1.
The wiping of boots -- haven't remarked on the host's face yet, even, mine burrowed beneath the scarf and having the eyeglasses fog in the cool of the mud room

I didn't shave, face cold-frozen, and I'm blunt as the snow white of nature

I'm dangerous, as all beautiful humanity is, and I'm here and now, inside, right from the Schwarzwald of the subconscious

Yet kind people discount all the risks and give out fresh cake

To receive this visit as though one brings rice to the village or to the wedding -- another set of hands providing oolong in a mug, why do these people love me?

2.
The wiping of boots --
haven't remarked on the host's face yet, even,
mine burrowed beneath the scarf
and having the eyeglasses fog
in the cool of the mud room

I didn't shave, face cold-frozen,
and I'm blunt as the snow white of nature

I'm dangerous, as all beautiful humanity is,
and I'm here and now, inside,
right from the Schwarzwald
of the subconscious

Yet kind people discount all the risks
and give out fresh cake

To receive this visit as though
one brings rice to the village
or to the wedding --
another set of hands providing
oolong in a mug,
why do these people love me?

Trulyfool

Posted over on his site Light At the End of the Tether
Listed as #70 over on Magpie Tales 43

No comments: