Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grand Entry



Grand Entry

She danced
this way through all
my doors
this nomadic woman

who had danced away
from so much before
then changed her dance
and now calls me

Home. She leaned into me
with all her stories
and trusted gravity
trusted her sense

of balance, trusted mine.
She leaned into me
with all of her hair
that would not be braided.

She leaned into me
with all of her faith
that would not be traded.
She leaned into me

and asked me to owl dance
and I could not refuse.
She asked me to owl dance
and I remembered how

to dance that way, how
to move my body
with her body, dancing
around a specific fire.

She danced
this way, inside all
my rooms
and changed their shape

this nomadic woman
who is the last curve
completing
the circle of my life.


Sherman Alexie.........from The Summer of Black Widows

No comments: