Thursday, February 12, 2009

Losing Love


Losing Love


My first heartbreak,
We broke too soon.
Wondered were you my orange moon,
When I stared up at the sky last night,
When the universe was dark,
And the lunar was blue.
My first heartbreak,
We broke too soon.
So I became one with the sadness,
One with the sun,
To have a new eclipse,
I took a risk,

And kissed another girls lips.
Oh to feel the bliss,
Was not on the top of my list,
But I Enlisted in the reserves,
And reserved my heart for you,
Marching on,
Moving on,
Cause we weren't meant to be.

So I stood alone I made day.
And you made something between dusk and twilight.
Could not forget the nights we fight,
Even between morning dew,
When the grass was still a little bit frozen,
And my heart was easily broke,
By the steps you took,
So you no longer had to take another look.
And I slipped from within your grasp,
And wondered if I could slide my way back to you,
Under slippery feet that would not stay planted,
Realized the solar system was a little bit larger
than my naked eye could see,
And you were no longer the only thing on the planet.
So you stayed on Mars
And I took a plane to Venus
And I watched as our world spun
slightly tilted out of equinox
And now you wonder why your world has remained cold,
And When you look through that telescope
to identify that U.F.O,
Unidentified. Freqent. Orgasms.
They have not CuM from me.
And yes I am an alien,
The way you have alienated me,
With your trips across the many
Galaxies.

James Welch

No comments: