Friday, December 11, 2009

Negative Theology


"nowhere man" by Kathy Jo Braceland


Negative Theology


When in a definitely designated
and defined location,
I desired to be someplace else,

Because
I could sense

I was no where, I was constrained
And confined

In a location that had no existence,
was only
A myth, a lie.

But after a scrutiny of my community
And the communities adjacent and not too

Far away, I empirically observed,
my observation was
Something like the observation of a path
In a subatomic structure
as described by Heisenberg
In his "Principle of Uncertainty,"
that my community,

Adjacent communities, and communities
Not too far away

Had no real existence. These communities
Were people, unknowable and vague,
whirling around
Something that was not a center,
but something unknown.

Since I was confined to being nowhere,
I desired ardently to be somewhere.
But it was

Impossible, for there was not any where.


Duane Locke

Posted over on Seeker Magazine

No comments: