Sunday, September 11, 2011

His Return


Painting by Fabian Perez

His Return


That I was surprised
at his return
an understatement
at the cold calculation
of his every move never

would the diabolical
alive become anything
less upon return
from the grave

perhaps in the depth
of his rest he might
think about our past
but can the dead think
and it so what would be
the difference

the cerebral gift he had
was plotting not thinking
certainly not feeling
not emotion the cold
in life could not thaw
could not warm their heart

Freon pumped throughout
his body he must be
brittle cold -- unnerving
what can he want
from me -- in death
but to possess
the very warmth
of my breath
suck it out of me
and pull me under too.



Michael A. Wells


Posted over on his site Stick Poet Super Hero
Listed as #2 over on Magpie Tales 82

No comments: