Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Day in the Life


image by cavan on flickr

a day in the life


darkness consuming
upon my awakening

while the blood is cold
and muscles stiffened

on my way to a tai chi morning
I ride a silent road

and now returning, body loose,
eyelids heavy for my morning ferry walk

continuing my journey to work, reading Shakespeare
and seeing the words while falling asleep

yet soon it’s time
to leave the bus for a cafe stop

and mocha bought, the frothy leaf on top
concealed by whipping cream

but the words that come out slow
they flow into espresso double-shot

that lifts the fog before a client call
with necktie freshly put in place:

in a week or so my book is out
or maybe sometime thereabout


Blue Flute

Posted over on his site Follow the Blue Flute
Listed as #4 over on dVerse Poets-Visual Writing FFA

No comments: