Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Robin Wright Penn Says


After every movie, I always kick myself for the same things-didn't do enough, not enough variation, not enough interesting choices, too bland.
Robin Wright Penn

Even the busboys at the restaurants have a script to give you. Everybody is in the business.
Robin Wright Penn

Everyone has the answers.
Robin Wright Penn

Hollywood is a suction for your confidence or your faith or your togetherness. Just walking on the street you can feel it.
Robin Wright Penn

I am not successful, in terms of Hollywood.
Robin Wright Penn

I could not understand why Meryl Streep, for example, is allowed to work while pregnant and I'm not.
Robin Wright Penn

I have always been a good mimic.
Robin Wright Penn

I have such a little face.
Robin Wright Penn

I just love getting dirty.
Robin Wright Penn

I like movies that make you think.
Robin Wright Penn

I like the whole package to be good, It's a rarity that that happens, so I end up not working a lot.
Robin Wright Penn

I turned down a lot of things that were so-called commercial. You're coming out of one film, and then they want you to be in the same one.
Robin Wright Penn

I used to ask Sean questions about acting. He's a brilliant actor, but I could never digest his information. I work primarily on an intuitive level.
Robin Wright Penn

I want to be perfect. I don't want to fail. And you always fail.
Robin Wright Penn

I was technically a Valley Girl, even though I absolutely dreaded being called that. I really hated the idea that I was a Valley Girl.
Robin Wright Penn

I would have made a lousy stripper. I'm just not very comfortable exposing myself.
Robin Wright Penn

I'd rather attempt something I'm not sure I can do.
Robin Wright Penn

I've always wanted to be able to let myself go over the edge.
Robin Wright Penn

If you get enough sleep, cut back on cigarettes and red meat, you look better the next day.
Robin Wright Penn

If you're happy, if you're feeling good, then nothing else matters.
Robin Wright Penn

Is that romantic fantasy real? Um, after kids, no. Take the kids away, I don't know. Depends.
Robin Wright Penn

It makes me believe in fate. In most cases, the readings where I've been really bad have usually been the ones where I got the part.
Robin Wright Penn

It's just poetry, beauty and love. How hard can that be to act?
Robin Wright Penn

It's what still excites me most about acting: letting your imagination go places it's never been before. There's nothing better than that.
Robin Wright Penn

Most of my memories of Texas are of mosquitoes, watermelons, crickets, and my brother teasing me.
Robin Wright Penn

My favorite designers are Levi Strauss and Fruit of the Loom.
Robin Wright Penn

My mother gave me a sense of independence, a sense of total confidence that we could do whatever it was we set out to do. That's how we were raised.
Robin Wright Penn

No nude scenes. No sex-symbol parts. I want people to recognize me for my work, not just for being pretty.
Robin Wright Penn

Sean's a better person when he's directing. He becomes a queen when he's an actor. And he's so unhappy when he's acting.
Robin Wright Penn

Sean's a great, great writer.
Robin Wright Penn

Sean's movies are provocative and challenging without being slick.
Robin Wright Penn

Sometimes I think they should set up an asylum for people like that... a whole slew of paparazzi defending their positions.
Robin Wright Penn

Unless you're a star in this town, you're really nothing.
Robin Wright Penn

We really enjoy entertaining our children with characters. We'll act out all of The Wizard of Oz together.
Robin Wright Penn

When I had money in the past, I would always travel rather than spend it on big apartments or cars. And I still feel exactly the same way.
Robin Wright Penn

No comments: