Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bird Songs


Painting by Kirby Sattler

Bird Songs



Because I do not know the fabric of words, I
fashion you from a textile of memory; your silky
eyes; the tailored elements of your uniqueness
The world of you I design in the thick colors
of a sunset; the tangerine, papaya and mauve
(in another day we will never see together)
In the sharp, clear notes of bird songs that slice
through morning light, let me feel and see the
cacophony; the blessings of a new reality
I feel the lines of your face, count the dark
strands in the white of your hair and feel the
desire of fingers to memorize your temple; the
soft rounds of your face, the violet curves of your lips;
these, I have traced. I treasure the delight
that leaps from the subtle green and amber gems
in the ocean of your unspoken expressions



Deborah Russell, © 2006

No comments: