Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Have Your Visa


I Have Your Visa


I speak of the hunger of greedy eyes,
the hunger for power, control and dominion
over women, children and teens...
all the good citizens of this universe.

I have your Visa....

These people are equal only in God's eyes.

I speak of the hunger of the Beast that
possesses all mankind to give up the sense
of righteousness, honor and respect and take up
positions with benefits in employment that benefits
no one but themselves.

I speak of the hunger of a mother for her son
in Iraq, and the Iraqi mother who holds a basket
of small bones wrapped in a blue blanket.

I speak of the hunger of the fatherless child,
your neighbor's son, who only wants to be
like the other children.

I will speak of God's hunger for the curtain
to fall, that all ugliness is revealed and done
away with - once and for all, in His name.

I will speak of my own hunger... I stand in
the line of the foodbank - wonder
will there be milk, vegetables that are not rotten,
some kind of meat for the table?
I wonder if the child and young mother
(ahead of me) will have food, heat and shelter
for one more night . . .

I will speak of my hunger for employment,
and the man whose wife is dying of cancer,
his mortgage unpaid, and social workers
with the social skills of granite.

I also speak of hunger; hunger for love,
peace, compassion and honesty...hunger
for justice, honor and respect.

I will speak of the hunger for warmth,
tenderness and tolerance...the hunger for
beauty and most, the hunger for God's will
to be done; for mankind to love one
another in reality. To stop this lip service
and right their unrighteous ways.

I will speak of this hunger; do unto others
as you would have done to you; honor
the holiness of every soul and question
first; your weakness, your greed, your sins
and finally, admit you have failed, you have
no capacity for love, no skills for compassion.

Your resumes, certificates and diplomas
disqualify you as a citizen of God's kingdom.
Tear these old documents and trade
them for the Visa.

Your only passport is love; love unconditionally -
love without assignments. Your freedom path
is to love every living being and thing as God,
Himself intended. This day, take up the passport
and let the journey to God's Kingdom begin.

Deborah Russell, © 2006

No comments: