Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thunderbird Clan



Thunderbird Clan


Born of long Snows
long Nights
in the month of the Cold Moon
I seek the Fire within
birthed of west wind,
lightning & thunder,
warmth of the sun
Hawk shows me
the path to my goals
I give thanks to the Creator
for their power
and know their purpose

Mudjekeewis, Cheif Council
of all Spirit-Keepers,
the season of falling leaf
and my totem Grizzley Bear,
Cheif Council of all Totems
gives me strength and stability
gained from introspection
and learning of myself
Evening speaks to me
and I am stilled
For these I also give thanks
to the Creator

Tread softly on your Mother
who was birthed in fire
The ground beneath your feet
lovingly holds the ashes
of your grandfathers
When you spit apon her
you spit on yourself
and the ashes will not absorb
your disrespect
All that walk, hop, jump, swim,
fly and crawl are your brothers
What is happening to them
will happen to you
Teach your children...



(c) Linda Gayton 2006

No comments: