Monday, August 30, 2010

Genesis


magnolia seed pod from the patio at Willow Manor.

genesis


Wrapped
in death clothes
of an August womb

amniotic perspiration
embalms
my unborn
summer corpse

annual gestation
in Midwestern sun
cocooned

till autumn genesis
calls this
lazy Lazarus
to come forth



Tess Kincaid, August, 2009

Posted over on her site Life at Willow Manor

Tess's postscript:
I hibernate in summer. Heat does not go kindly with me, so I seek the cool and dark. My creative juices run thick as sludge and I remain in limbo until fall. Last week, I felt it. That still, heaviness in the air that bodes change. It's the birth pangs of autumn and I am giddy with anticipation. I like to think it's because I was born in October, that fall happens to be my personal spring, the season in which I am resurrected into my element, when my juices flow free and fresh like the fall breeze through open manor windows. I have them open today.

No comments: