Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Lived There


Image by Kochubey


i lived there


I dream the familiar floor plan,
watch current residents
follow the muffled echo
of my former steps, shuffle

zombie-like, on the footprints
of a dance-step diagram,
up the gray halls, sullen, void
of laughter or tears of years spent,

absorbed in walls and rugs
mothballed in domestic memory.
Flies lie dead in the green
glass of the bathroom light

and one fluorescent bulb
above the kitchen sink blinks
and starts, but no-one sees,
or wants to see, the ghost town

of rooms, playing widescreen,
silent with no subtitles,
remote long lost, since I removed
and took its essence in my heart.



Tess Kincaid, August 2010

Posted over on Life at Willow Manor

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Hey, I thought this one sounded a wee bit familiar! I'm very honored, indeed. Thank you. xx