Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Airy Inclinations

Image borrowed from Bing


Airy Inclinations

I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people.
I thought, "This is what it is to be happy."

Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

1.
As a Libra, I'm one of the air signs. I know, I know. You're thinking astrology is a bunch of bunk. But, it's actually been around since ancient times, a common link between the patterns in the heavens and life on earth. Much can be garnered by understanding nature and the reflections it has on us as individuals. Anyway, I'm happy to finally throw open a window and breath glorious fresh, cool air. There's nothing I adore more than air in my face, in my hair and wafting through an open window, that thin, cool air, that lets me hear the melancholy whistle of the 3:30 a.m. train in Linworth. Summer is like purgatory for me. I loathe claustrophobic, humid air and actually have to sleep with a fan pointed directly at my face on summer nights.

Air signs are said to be flexible, like the breeze. It's true, I like a fresh perspective on just about anything, and am forever changing things, including my mind.

2.
As a Libra, I'm one of the air signs.
I know, I know.
You're thinking astrology is a bunch of bunk.
But, it's actually been around since ancient times,
a common link between
the patterns in the heavens and life on earth.

Much can be garnered by understanding nature
and the reflections it has on us as individuals.
Anyway, I'm happy to finally throw open a window
and breath glorious fresh, cool air.

There's nothing I adore more than air in my face,
in my hair and wafting through an open window,
that thin, cool air, that lets me hear
the melancholy whistle of the 3:30 a.m. train in Linworth.

Summer is like purgatory for me.
I loathe claustrophobic, humid air
and actually have to sleep with a fan
pointed directly at my face on summer nights.

Air signs are said to be flexible, like the breeze.
It's true, I like a fresh perspective
on just about anything,
and am forever changing things,
including my mind.

Tess Kinkaid

Post over on her site Willow Manor
1. Miss Willow's poetic prose.
2. Line breaks by Glenn Buttkus

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Fun to see what you did with the line breaks! Always an honor to be posted over here, Glenn.