Thursday, July 7, 2011

He Enters Stage


Painting by Burray Olson

he enters stage:

Blood boots. Killer storm.
Fool's gold. God in a heaven.
Where is she?
Have you seen her?
Has anyone seen this girl?
snap shot (projected)
She's my sister.
Ladies and gentlemen:
please attend carefully
to these words and events
It's your last chance, our last hope.
In this womb or tomb,
we're free of the swarming streets.
The black fever which rages
is safely out those doors
My friends and I come from
Far Arden w/ dances, and;
new music
Everywhere followers accrue
to our procession.
Tales of Kings, gods, warriors
and lovers dangled like
jewels for your careless pleasure

I'm Me!
Can you dig it.
My meat is real.
My hands--how they move
balanced like lithe demons
My hair--so twined and writhing
The skin of my face--pinch the cheeks
My flaming sword tongue
spraying verbal fire-flys
I'm real.
I'm human
But I'm not an ordinary man
No No No


Jim Morrison

No comments: