Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Watched a Movie


Image borrowed from Bing

I Watched a Movie


I watched a movie,
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
A memory sparked.
Somewhere inside the grey and white,
two stones rubbed against each other.

Like a paperweight upon piles of paper,
the stones pressed upon the masses
of colourful tiles beneath.
So many tiles to build a house, a roof.
So little for a floor.

Broken pieces of tiles flying all over,
when i kick the stones away.

We are at your room now.
The cream ceiling and broken tiles.
Broken tiles over your head and mine.
At an arm's length,broken tiles.
You aren't looking at me.

I turn and look at the poster on your wall.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind,it said.

Deepti

Posted over on Pencils in a Tub
Listed as #86 over on Magpie Tales 71

No comments: