Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Alan Rickman Said


Acting touches nerves you have absolutely no control over.
Alan Rickman

All I want to see from an actor is the intensity and accuracy of their listening.
Alan Rickman

Each character I play has different dimensions. I'm not interested in words that pull them together.
Alan Rickman

I don't think it's right that everybody knows everything about me.
Alan Rickman

I think there's some connection between absolute discipline and absolute freedom.
Alan Rickman

I think worrying things are going on in England - a real apathy.
Alan Rickman

I want to swim in both directions at once. Desire success, court failure.
Alan Rickman

I was 7, and I remember being given a part in a play and thinking, This is exciting.
Alan Rickman

I'm a quite serious actor who doesn't mind being ridiculously comic.
Alan Rickman

I'm always aware of the camera and it feels like that's the audience.
Alan Rickman

I've never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision.
Alan Rickman

If only life could be a little more tender and art a little more robust.
Alan Rickman

If people want to know who I am, it is all in the work.
Alan Rickman

If you could build a house on a trampoline, that would suit me fine.
Alan Rickman

If you spend any time in Los Angeles, there's only one topic of conversation.
Alan Rickman

It would be wonderful to think that the future is unknown and sort of surprising.
Alan Rickman

Market forces impose certain rules before a film can actually get made.
Alan Rickman

Maverick is a word which appeals to me more than misfit. Maverick is active, misfit is passive.
Alan Rickman

My idea of a real treat is Magic Mountain without standing in line.
Alan Rickman

My parents certainly didn't have anything to do with the theater. I'm some kind of accident.
Alan Rickman

Nothing gives me as much pleasure as travelling. I love getting on trains and boats and planes.
Alan Rickman

On film you put all your energies into a single glance.
Alan Rickman

One longs for a director with a sense of imagination.
Alan Rickman

Somebody with Debbie Reynolds' features doesn't get cast as the Wicked Witch.
Alan Rickman

Talent is an accident of genes - and a responsibility.
Alan Rickman

The audience should feel like voyeurs. Their response is absolutely crucial.
Alan Rickman

There's a voice inside you that tells you what you should do.
Alan Rickman

What is it about actors? God knows I get bored with actors talking about themselves.
Alan Rickman

What's interesting about the process of acting is how often you don't know what you're doing.
Alan Rickman

When I get off the plane in England I always feel about two inches shorter.
Alan Rickman

Who I am gets in the way of people looking innocently at the parts I play.
Alan Rickman

You can lull the paying customers as long as they get slapped.
Alan Rickman

No comments: