Monday, May 19, 2008

Charlie Sheen Said


As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?
Charlie Sheen

Dad almost died of a heart attack in the middle of making Apocalypse Now, the biggest movie of his life. It doesn't make you want to jump into that business.
Charlie Sheen

Dad kept us out of school, but school comes and goes. Family is forever.
Charlie Sheen

Fame is empowering. My mistake was that I thought I would instinctively know how to handle it. But there's no manual, no training course.
Charlie Sheen

I just didn't believe I was like everybody else. I thought I was unique.
Charlie Sheen

I just don't want to live like I used to. And at some point, I'm going to put a gag order on myself in terms of talking about the past. I've got to slam the door and deal with the present and the future.
Charlie Sheen

I knew if I got loaded I was going away for a while. People would say, Oh, you're just sober because you're on probation.
Charlie Sheen

I saw 28 Days. I don't remember rehab being like a day camp or being that funny. Rehab is a dumping ground. It's a big landfill.
Charlie Sheen

I so desperately wanted to be Mr. Somebody. Instead, I was the little brother, included to a point.
Charlie Sheen

I still don't have all the answers. I'm more interested in what I can do next than what I did last.
Charlie Sheen

I think I have a duty as a recovering guy to help, to make my knowledge of what I went through accessible.
Charlie Sheen

I think what drove me insane for a long time is feeling like I hadn't earned most of what I achieved because it came so fast.
Charlie Sheen

I try to be known more for my work than for anything else.
Charlie Sheen

I was never shut down by the drugs; that was my problem. Cocaine was an aphrodisiac. I think that was a bit of a curse.
Charlie Sheen

I was with one at a time with the other four watching. It was a little uncomfortable, actually. I wouldn't recommend five at once. There's just not enough guy to go around.
Charlie Sheen

I've always been pretty old-fashioned. I'm kind of a missionary guy.
Charlie Sheen

I've got volumes on how not to behave. I've got more information now than a guy should have at my age.
Charlie Sheen

Life all comes down to a few moments. This is one of them.
Charlie Sheen

Slash sat me down at his house and said, You've got to clean up your act. You know you've gone too far when Slash is saying, Look, you've got to get into rehab.
Charlie Sheen

Sure, I did a lot of things in excess. But if you look at the core, the foundation of what I pursued, what red-blooded young American male in my position wouldn't?
Charlie Sheen

That we are to stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Charlie Sheen

The most damage I did was to myself and to the people who got caught in the maelstrom. The worst thing that happened was the overdose. But I didn't go in with three other dudes who overdosed with me. No, you overdose alone.
Charlie Sheen

The paramedic called the press and sold me like a loaf of bread. This was news, and he wanted to be the one to report it.
Charlie Sheen

There have to be more important things going on in the world than my past.
Charlie Sheen

There was a reason my first substantial role after rehab was to play a maniac whose personal story ended badly. I knew what it was like to go those dark places. I played a guy who died as a result of his abuse.
Charlie Sheen

Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.
Charlie Sheen

Usually in a battle sequence when a bomb is going off, you forget you're acting.
Charlie Sheen

What is a normal childhood? We weren't rich, we were pretty middle-class. My dad survived from job to job; with him taking care of so many relatives, he couldn't save any money.
Charlie Sheen

What you come to discover is, it isn't how you get there, it's that you get there. If that's what it took to get me where I'm at today, so be it.
Charlie Sheen

When friends asked me, Can we help? I'd say, Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock. I used that line from Star Wars.
Charlie Sheen

No comments: