Monday, May 19, 2008

Cate Blanchett Speaks


I don't have a sense of entitlement or that I deserve this. You'd be surprised at the lack of competition between nominees - I think a lot of it's imposed from the outside. Can I have my champagne now?
Cate Blanchett

I feel like I've been marinated in Australian theatre.
Cate Blanchett

If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life - that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state.
Cate Blanchett

If you know you are going to fail, then fail gloriously.
Cate Blanchett

Look, it's one of the great mysteries of the world, I cannot answer that question. I think I'm vaguely blonde. To be perfectly frank, I don't know.
Cate Blanchett

Violence and racism are bad. Whenever they occur they are to be condemned and we should not turn a blind eye to them.
Cate Blanchett

You know you've made it when you've been moulded in miniature plastic. But you know what children do with Barbie dolls - it's a bit scary, actually.
Cate Blanchett

No comments: