Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Purge

Image by Tess Kincaid


Spring Purge

April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.
William Shakespeare


You drag
empty boxes
from a well-buried cellar
thump them one by one
up the dusty steps

gently
and methodically
slice through duct tape
with your silent box-cutter
fill each virginal square
with a kaleidoscope
of Shakespeare

Sibelius and light
render me gapeseed
excited like taking
a lot of vitamin pills
or drinking
too much coffee

butterflies
under my skin
spring on my forehead
like a high fever



Tess Kincaid
April 2011

***Spring usually hits the Midwest like a hot Mack truck, but this year, I've quite enjoyed the gentle, luscious, foggy-soggy-wet-of-a spring. I spontaneously bought a toy kaleidoscope last week, just like the one I had as a little girl. Spring fever. It must be.

Posted over on her site Willow Manor
Listed as #1 over on Magpie Tales 63

No comments: