Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life Just Is


Life Just Is

Life
is what you make of it,
forget the propaganda
………..and get on with it -
only thing about life don’t change
………..is change,
as sure as the rain falls
we all can catch a wave

Life
it being a force,
a sea of arms, legs, jacking jaws
all moving to the same beat
………….as breathing,
each its own snowflake
here, by the grace of God
we go

Life
as cruel, walking in mocs
…………one size too small,
yet expected to grow zen minds,
and walk
…………in other men’s shoes
cool, to contemplate all isms
…………sidestep useless osophies,
fool, to mess with all things pithy
……………………….poetry to piety
lest life’s foes convict you phobe -
………….albeit homo peda theo

Life
too - taken by the horns! or b-a-b-i-e-d
………..is at peace
……………………..with love, strawberry
shortcake, long naps and choices,
…………determine its course, baby -
have it all!
suck the essence out!
……………………………catch that wave,
………………………………………………….ride it up!

come down
……………..to life
…………………….on water
………………………………..falls..


Janet Leigh 2008

2 comments:

Glenn Buttkus said...

Your LIFE JUST IS impressed me, and touched me when you posted it, but this morning it reached out to me, on this Maypole Day. It seemed more than the sum of its parts, like all fine poetry. For me, it became a blues anthem, and my head spinned with B.B.King, Muddy Waters, and Leadbelly, or the Led Zepplin, Stones, or ZZ Top covers of classic blues tunes, WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS, JESUS DONE LEFT CHICAGO, and so many more; slide guitar, mouth harp, pounding foot, old chair, nappy hair–and so much more, carpa diem, live in the moment, seize each breath and cherish it, don’t waste a moment; bury your face in flowers, chew clover, swim in the ocean, hike in the mountains, and put lots of whipped cream on that strawberry shortcake! It is new age, old age, every age; existential, hippy-dippy, pantheist; and it is a tango, a real dance of love. Thanks for posting it as a response to my silly poem, for yours is not silly, even though there are some light hearted imagery and moments in it. I posted it on FFTR.

Glenn

Glenn Buttkus said...

Your description is so spot-on, Glenn! And your choice of music is a propos! I’m certainly familiar with them all, and probably to a lesser degree as far as Leadbelly. I regret not listening to more of their music. I can tell by just reading your comment that you can feel my exuberance in this piece, my love for life, and joyful spirit. And that’s a great feeling for me..:) Your run-on sentence also reminds me of my piece called You, the title of which doesn’t make itself apparent, initially… hee hee. Have you read it? (It’s at the end of page 4, if you’re interested..:) It’s like your comment, at the end of which you could have blurted out, “Wow! What a rush!” Right?!? lol I love your enthusiasm, Glenn! And, many thanks for posting Life Just Is on your blogsite. It’s very kind of you to do so..:)

Janet LD