Monday, October 19, 2009

Citizen Drain


Citizen Drain

1.
I've seen the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by Newman-O's, Dr. Browns Black Cherry soda, Morningstar meatless hotdogs on gluten free buns. Java-logs keep the townhouse warm through the slight coolness of winter. We keep the windows open for ventilation (we have alergies, after all). Our TVs are large and flat, perfect for playing video games and watching cancelled TV shows on DVD. We are fat, flacid, bored, until the pills kick in. Worth is demonstrated through the accumulation of opionions. Right now: I'm updating my Twitter page. Right now: I'm sexting my girlfriend. Right now: I'm doing nothing.

2.
I've seen the greatest minds of my generation
destroyed by Newman-O's,
Dr. Browns Black Cherry soda,
Morningstar meatless hotdogs
on gluten free buns.
Java-logs keep the townhouse warm
through the slight coolness of winter.
We keep the windows open for ventilation
(we have alergies, after all).
Our TVs are large and flat,
perfect for playing video games
and watching cancelled TV shows on DVD.
We are fat, flacid, bored,
until the pills kick in.
Worth is demonstrated through
the accumulation of opionions.
Right now: I'm updating my Twitter page.
Right now: I'm sexting my girlfriend.
Right now: I'm doing nothing.

C.L. Bledsoe

Posted over on Murder Your Darlings
1. Cortney's prose on his blog site.
2. Line breaks & title by Glenn Buttkus

1 comment:

CLBledsoe said...

Thanks for the post. And the breaks.