Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday Gang

Image by Tess Kincaid

Poem In October

My birthday began with the water-birds
and the birds of the winged trees flying my name,
above the farms and the white horses,
and I rose in rainy autumn
and walked abroad
in a shower of all my days.

Dylan Thomas

And even though Dylan Thomas was not born until
October 27th, what a beautiful birthday poem he
created. It was quoted by Tess Kincaid, the midwest
mistress of Willow Manor, who does have her
birthday today, only one day before my beloved
Melva Lynn has hers.

Miss Willow shares this birthday with:
Viggo Mortensen
Tom Petty
Bela Lugosi
Charley Chase
Anna Neagle
Ellery Queen
Arlene Francis
Art Buchwald
Joyce Brothers
Mickey Mantle
Jerry Orbach
Robert Pinsky
Snoop Dogg.

It is evident that God danced when Tess Kincaid entered.

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Aw, shucks, thanks, Glenn!

This is only one stanza of Dylan Thomas' wonderful October poem. Wow, what a diverse group of notables I share today with! I was also born on my dear paternal great-grandmother's birthday.