Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Testing...Testing....

Image by Tess Kincaid


Testing....Testing....

She said, "Is this door half open or is this door half closed?"
I said, "What the hell are you on about this time?"
She said, "Is this door half open or is this door half closed?"
I said "It's half open. It's half closed. It's both at the same time"
She said, "Why are you so afraid of commitment?"
I said "It's pretty stupid to get emotionally involved about a half-assed door."
She said,"Is that what you think of me? I'm just some half-assed impediment to your life. Some door you want to go through? Maybe you should just throw me out"
I said, "No, that's not what I think of you, the door is at least half open...
I mean, no, I don't what to throw you out. Where the hell does that come from?"
She said,"Don't you love me?"
I said, "Of course I love you." but I didn't say it fast enough.
She said, "You don't love me."
I said, "Are you trying to say that you don't love me?"
After a while, she said "No." She looked out side and said nothing.
I said, "Are you worried about something?"
I said, "Are you afraid of something?"
I said, Is there someone else"
She cried for a while.

Doug Palmer

Posted over on Feel Free to Laugh
Listed as #34 on Magpie Tales 36

1 comment:

Amity said...

made me smile, visualizing those moments of jumbled words in front of her...