Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Politics



Politics

"D" is a grade that's just good enough
"R" is what pirates say while
they're stealing your stuff
"T" is something you smack balls off of,
or drink with one pinky finger elevated
while munching cucumber sandwiches.
"I" is the primary part of your visual system,
hardwired directly to your brain.
"C" which are those huge bodies of water our'
planet is mostly covered with.
"S" is the sibilant sound many reptiles
and demagogues make.
"V" is that vertex planes meet in,
unmanned yet still manipulated, except in nature.

Doug Palmer
Glenn Buttkus
Eddie Emerald

* a true collaborative effort.

Posted over on Feel Free to Laugh

2 comments:

Friko said...

Am I remembering my Dutch correctly? I really don't know what to make of the poster, Glenn.

I've been wondering if I could ask you to 'follow' me on my blog by adding yourself via the followers button. Your blog is not followable otherwise I would have done so long ago.

Tell me if you don't 'do' that sort of thing and I won't mind. (well, not much).

Glenn Buttkus said...

The poster is just the image,
the political symbol I found
adequate to convey the feel
of the poetics.

And there is the shock value
too, of course.

I have not really understood
the whole follower reality,
but for you, my dear, I will
give it a shot.