Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gin Princess


painting by rudy nappi

Gin Princess


C’mon, buster, I didn’t come up here
with you just to check out your etchings.

I knew you were packing after bumping
into you down in the bar; some accident, huh?

Love your shoulder holster, but thanks
for slipping it off for me. Your other gun

seems to be a larger caliber; can’t
wait for my “pistol safety lesson”.

Sure, I’ll be glad to join you in a friendly toast,
fruit jars make jake jiggers, and what girl

doesn’t get all excited about swilling hootch
from a clear bottle without a label?

Bring me one of those saucers for an ashtray,
but hey, you don’t have to keep your shirt on.

Probably noticed I’m not wearing
any stockings--

underwear is just a waste of time--
don’t you think?


Glenn Buttkus

March 2012


Listed as #55 over on Magpie Tales 107

Would you like to hear the author read this poem to you?

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

heh...a little bit of sexy noir...and cant argue at all with her closing remarks you know...

Unknown said...

Hoochee koochee hoopee shoopee Mamma! You had fun with this Glenn..,and it shows!

Wander said...

She knows what she wants...

Wander

http://wanderwithoutbeinglost.blogspot.com

Susan Anderson said...

oh my goodness

*blushes*

;)

Dave King said...

You should check the safety catch before you take this any further! Great fun.

Tess Kincaid said...

I can hear Kim Novak reading this one...