Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Relationship in Autumn


Painting by Elizabeth Leader

A RELATIONSHIP IN AUTUMN

You are the apple,
That hung on the tree,
You laughed and smiled and
Winked at me.
And now, I shall eat you,
Don't you see.

Annell Livingston September 2010

I would like to add a quote by Denise Levertov, describing the "rhythm of the inner voice of the poet," she explains the gift further:

What it means to me is that a poet, a verbal kind of person, is constantly talking to himself, inside of himself, constantly approximating and evaluating and trying to grasp his experience in words And the 'sound' inside his head of that voice is not necessarily identical with his literal speaking voice, nor is his inner vocabulary identical with that which he uses in conversation. At their best sound and words are song, not speech. The written poem is then a record of that inner song.

Posted over on Some Things I Think About
And he is listed as #5 on Magpie Tales 30

No comments: