Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday Dawns Gray-Grey


Wednesday Dawns Gray-Grey

Wednesday dawns gray-grey,
and the drizzle coats all my
windows, and green abounds
in all directions as plants are
pleased with mister Fall,
and it makes sitting around
in my night clothes working
on the computer more acceptable,
more desirable.
Now if only a poem would
come and visit, to break the
sound of dripping, and the
heaviness of overcast,
to create a white glitter,
or a red blinker, or a blue
button hanging mysteriously
in naked air, then I could face
a shower, and decide what
to have for breakfast.

Glenn Buttkus September 2010

7 comments:

Doug Palmer said...

"Nice"

Adrian Sparks said...

:)

AS

Lane Savant said...

Damn, Adrian beat me at minimalist commenting.

Paul Bauck said...

Ah yes, the joys of retirement. Nicely expressed. I'm looking forward to my own next adventure beginning on October 29.
Paul

Lynne Renner said...

Glenn:

Your poem was lovely, makes me envious to be retired!!! The creativity curve is very appealing....

Lynne

Sharon Macleod said...

Hello Glenn....Nice poem! I really like this one.

Sherry B

Paul Bauck said...

Glenn,
Please keep writing poems and sending them. This is great. I've shared it with my wife and others. They love it.
Paul