Friday, October 28, 2011

To Voucher or Not to Voucher


image borrowed from bing

TO VOUCHER OR NOT TO VOUCHER


I fled my terrible reservation school for a far better one off the rez. Yeah, it was sort of voucher-like. So when I think about school vouchers, and all of the negative implications, I also think of how well it worked out for me. And, now, as the country turns increasingly libertarian, and already-collapsing public schools are turning into anti-matter, I'm afraid of what's going to happen. Well, we all know what's going to happen: rich get richer; poor get poorer. And the poor will get desperate. And they will be punished. And remember: you support libertarianism when you buy from libertarian retailers. I wonder how many of those Wall Street demonstrators have flourishing Amazon.com accounts?


Sherman Alexie

Posted over on his site Sherman Alexie

No comments: