Sunday, October 11, 2009

Looking Out My Back Door


Looking Out My Back Door


1.
Lookin' out my back dooor.

Eagles in our tree.

They make a lot of noise and they fish illegally.

They are homeless bums.

Something should be done.

They don't pay rent.

I wonder if these two gangster hooligans
are the ones who ate our cat.


Doug Palmer 2009


2.
Ophelia, like an eagle -
has flown away from me -
And now I can but wonder -
and guess where she may be -

I do not know the reason -
why she flew away from me -
Now every day I scan the sky -
I hope she hears my plea -

Come back, come back Ophelia -
Return once more to me -
Unless you're here beside me -
My soul cannot be free -

O, somewhere there's a nest -
High up in a tree -
Where she can roost and rest -
And look down on fools like me -


......Dashitall Hamlet

This tremendous flight of fancy can be found over on Feel Free To Laugh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hamlet stole that from me and he screwed up the last line.
It should read;
"And crap on fools like you"

.....E.A. Poo