Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cycle Nonsense


"Cyclist" by Umberto Boccioni


Cycle Nonsense

1.

Riding my bicycle
Up Queen Anne hill
Goin' up's a bother
Goin' down's a thrill
Pushin' on the pedals
With my tongue hangin' out
When I get to the top,
You can hear me shout
You can't beat this
No, you can't beat this
'cause, when I turn around.
I'll race down like a coo-ool breeze.

Doug Palmer July 2010

2.

You on Fidelio pumping and puffing
up the Queen's spine, digging
tread into tarmac, sinew into
energy, spinning your chain,
belaying your aged calves,
and pushing your gluts into cramps,
panting like a pooch
with a helmet on, your tongue
showing a tinge of blue
on its tip, and oxygen finds
its own path through your churned
up capillaries--screaming at the
crest as you spin around and
add the maelstrom of speed
to your chasing of ghosts
and reaching back to a time
when this hill was home.

Glenn Buttkus--in response.

Posted over on Feel Free To Laugh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my own "Can't catch me"

....Chuck Berry

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my own "Come together"
which I stole from Chuck Berry.

.......John Lennon