Thursday, February 24, 2022

Mother Russia

 


image from pinterest.com

Mother Russia


“The people who cast the votes decide nothing.

The people who count the votes decide everything”

--Joseph Stalin


Today it came, war in Ukraine,

rockets and bombs as deadly rain.

Putin is a madman, gone rogue;

he thinks he’s Stalin, quite insane.

Tell the bastard, this is no hoag.

War in Ukraine, today it came.


Trump is cheering; what an asshole.

Again, Putin is on a roll.

We find that this action’s no bluff,

while the Donald is a damn troll.

Trump likes things best when they get rough.

What an asshole; Trump is cheering.



Glenn Buttkus


Sparrowlet


Posted over at d'Verse Poet's Pub

14 comments:

brudberg said...

I think there are a lot of poems on the same theme... not sure if he's a madman or just evil. But at least he gets notices now.

Merril D. Smith said...

Yes, I think many of us are writing about this today--a very sad day. I'm with Björn, I think Putin's evil more than a mad. Trump, Manafort, the disinformation campaign here is all so scary and horrible. There's lots of Russian money in the U.S. and the UK.

Eli Britain said...

Agree I will go with evil though...the guy I believe knows what he is doing

Ingrid said...

I couldn't have said it better myself, had I watched the news before writing.

robkistner said...

True brother, true. Just can’t deal with the small minded, retro-bullshit, asshats Glenn — so I wrote some love poetry. I am not certain I can handle anymore anger at the moment — but check back with me Thursday… 😏

forestbather said...

This verse is exactly right, just so right, so therapeutic. Really stunning stuff. I saw that Ukrainians are saying he is not insane, but he is sick. I liked that.

Grace said...

It is a very sad day for us peace loving folks. Putin is a tyrant and is just blood thirsty for power.

sarah said...

Burning with anger, Glenn - rightly so.

Unknown said...

Perfectly said! Great poem!

Seamus O'Shaughnessy, Jr. said...

Trump is cheering..

What an ending to the poem. Fantastic work!

JadeLi said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that d*ckweed is cheering about this madness. The world has too much chaos going on right now, what purpose will this invasion serve but to keep things stirred up :(

Kerfe said...

That quote could have been right out of Trump's mouth. And sill the Republicans answer with silence. They have clearly never studied history.

Ken / rivrvlogr said...

The situation in Ukraine is unsettling. Just as unsettling is the fact that the man who tried to retain the US Presidency is sympathetic of Putin's actions.

Pat R said...

Way to call a spade, a spade. They're both nuts!!

Pat