Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Morning Song



"Morning Song"

Let the phone ring,
let's go back to sleep
Let the world spin outside our door,
you're the only one that I wanna see

Tell your boss you're sick, hurry,
get back in I'm getting cold
Get over here and warm my hands up, boy,
it's you they love to hold

And stop thinking about
what your sister said
Stop worrying about it,
the cat's already been fed
Come on darlin',
let's go back to bed

Put the phone machine on hold
Leave the dishes in the sink
Do not answer the door
It's you that I adore,
I'm gonna give you some more

We'll sit on the front porch,
the sun can warm my feet
You can drink your coffee with sugar and cream,
I'll drink my decaf herbal tea

Pretend we're perfect strangers
and that we never met
My how you remind me of a man
I used to sleep with,
that's a face I'd never forget

You can be Henry Miller
and I'll be Anais Nin
Except this time it'll be even better,
we'll stay together in the end


Jewel

No comments: