Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weary On a Mind Quest



Weary on a mind quest

I hear you
cry out
in the wilderness
your need to be alone -
trapped within your mind
and reeling
somersaults
no will to roam

………………………………………………you cry out
………………………………………………in your bewilderness!
………………………………………………NO! No! Not yet! I’m healing

………………………………………………enter quietly

let the pain subside inside
this mind that has no walls
to keep conflicting worlds apart,
or demons
fading art
or loss

A budding beam of precious light
cuts through my mind with speed
too bright!
and moves too swiftly
through dark Hades night
too swift to light all fears which cling
too swift to stay the hope it brings

One must tip-toe through mind’s labyrinth
until a power on feet with wings
ignites my soul and builds in strength
to slash-and-burn this hidden hell!
’til then

I walk in mental chains

……………..and dodge mind shadows

………………………………………………I hear you
………………………………………………bewilderness embraced!
………………………………………………You need to be alone
………………………………………………to rest soul’s endless quest for calm
………………………………………………to search your mind and put to test

Is not a dream
this dreadful thing?
Is not a dream
that’s left me reeling?
Has God left me so
to ponder long
His sacred Scriptures or Psalm’s song?

Will He awaken me once more again
to live in His power
put soul to wing?
Put to sleep this sleepless hour?
Bring both Life and Soul that sing?

………………………………………………..I hear you cry out
………………………………………………..I swear

………………………………………………..He hears!


Janet Leigh January 2009

No comments: