Thursday, January 21, 2010

Any Emptiness Waits


Painting by Hong Kuang


any emptiness waits (on distance & dreams)


the bleeding
bleeds &
moons

collapse
grow
pale

death
pure as
bated breath

the rage passes
blue & gold
(such red)

the walls of ash
a light refused
yet beneath

the husk
cracks
rain

remembers
green fire
(a lion)

& even
a mad
god

burns
into
it

or roars
any emptiness
into the mouth of joy

***

she gives me milk again

the horse with its
black coat

how red the shot

the throat
of truth

the wounded

hide light
unripe

& sorrow

flashes
sharp

in veils

reveals
nothing

or gold

he wakes
to fullness

the thing of it

how dead moments revive
& new rivers flow thru your old mouth

the brass of fire & the drums relentlessly
trembling

save me save me save me save me save me
save me save me save me save me
save me save me save me save me save me
save me save me save me save me
save me


Richard Lance Williams

Posted over on More Poetry

No comments: