Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heaven Pro 2011, Version 3.5

Image by Alex Shapiro


Heaven Pro 2011; Version 3.5

Looking out across the dark sea late at night,
I love to imagine that the rest of the world doesn’t exist,
and that I’ve just landed on some lunar-
but-pleasantly-warm planet to call my own.
Ah, yes! I admit it: I’m a megalomaniacal composer!
[cue: sinister laugh]. Lemme tell ya,
this ain’t a profession that lends itself to such delusions,
so ok, it’s official: I’m especially strange.

My only sense of the surroundings comes from
the faint outline of the moonlit islands.
And when there is no moon, there is near-total,
wonderfully disorienting darkness for many, many miles.
Heaven.

Stepping outside to the front of the house
and staring into 30 uninhabited acres of trees
and open meadow without a single house in sight?
Heaven Pro 2011, Version 3.5.

Alex Shapiro

Posted over on her site Notes From the Kelp

No comments: