Friday, October 28, 2011

One Thousand Ways To Say "Shit"


image borrowed from yahoo

One thousand ways to say "shit"


This is a dire, dire prediction. I hope it doesn't come true. And I curse about it, privately and publicly. At my worst, I think, "I don't even want to work in a business that doesn't include real books." At my best, I think, "The same 100,000 readers who compulsively buy literary novels will give birth to around 100,000 more compulsive literary novel readers. And it's those 100,000 who, generation by generation, will continue to buy paper-and-glue books." Yeah, I'll make my books available for download, and I'll download a few myself, but I think I'll start a secret-handshake club for those for us who, to paraphrase Dylan Thomas, refuse to whimper our way into that good night and will rage, rage against the dying of the light, i.e., all of the libertarian enemas who are destroying bookstores.


Sherman Alexie

Posted over on his site Sherman Alexie

No comments: